This meal takes about 20 minutes to prepare, and includes veggies and your choice of noodle. We used Gluten Free Brown Rice Vermicelli and tofu, but you could also top with chicken or beef, or just use vegetables.
This recipe is easily adaptable to be a gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian meal.
If you wanted to make this a regular weeknight meal, you could add variety by incorporating different vegetables and include crunchy toppings like sesame seeds, toasted almonds, or chopped peanuts.
- 9.5 oz package brown rice vermicelli (or soba noodles)
- 1 head of Napa cabbage shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup Asian oil blend
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS Mayo
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water
- Cook tofu in 1 TBS of Asian oil blend until browned on all sides
- Layer cabbage, carrots, red pepper, and edamame in bowls
- Whisk together remaining oil with 2 TBS soy sauce and 1 TBS rice vinegar for dressing, and toss with salad mixture
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender: 2 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, mayo, honey, garlic, and coconut oil and blend until smooth
- Toss noodles and tofu with peanut sauce, and portion into bowls
Would you like recipes and menu plans delivered to your inbox once a week? Sign up for our newsletter.