We love burritos and burrito bowls, and thankfully you can make your own quick dinner at home for much less than you would pay for takeout. Although fajita beef and chicken are a delicious inclusion, you can also make a veggie burrito bowl with beans, rice, and toppings that would be great as part of a Daniel Fast. I omitted all meat and animal products (including dairy like sour cream and cheese) when we ate this during a Daniel Fast. If you have no dietary restrictions, you could easily add in your toppings of choice to vary the Veggie Burrito Bowl recipe below.
This colorful dish tops brown rice and black beans with sautéed bell peppers and onions. Then we added Mexican corn, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and olives. It’s a great mix of flavors and very filling!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7oz can Mexicorn (Mexican corn)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green), thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 4oz can black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Saute sliced onions and bell peppers over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender - approximately 10 minutes
- Layer rice, beans, and cooked onions and bell peppers in bowl
- Top with remaining ingredients (as desired)
- Use fresh lime juice and/or salsa as "dressing"
Join our email list for recipe and meal plan updates delivered to your inbox: JOIN HERE