This spaghetti squash and veggie meatball recipe makes a quick and easy dinner. It’s also perfect for a Daniel fast recipe or anyone trying to eat vegan or vegetarian.
This may remind you of spaghetti and meatballs, but the flavors and textures are a little different. I like to appreciate and anticipate those differences with vegetarian meals, because when I bite into something expecting it to taste exactly like the original, I get disappointed. 🙂
Whether you’re fasting, looking for meatless dinner options, or just trying to eat healthier, this dish will mix things up.
This is one of the quick dinner meals featured in the Daniel Fast Week 1 Meal Plan.
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 1 jar pasta/marinara sauce
- 12 oz organic veggie ground (mushroom based)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 TBS ground flax + 3 TBS water, combined (or use an egg)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup water (optional for consistency)
- 1 teaspoon Worsteshire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Microwave spaghetti squash a few minutes to soften skin, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds
- Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Combine veggie ground, onion, flax seed + water combo, breadcrumbs, water, and seasonings
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet
- Bake squash and meatballs approximately 30 minutes, until squash is tender
- Rake inside of squash with a fork to pull out strands (like spaghetti)
- Top squash with meatballs and pasta sauce
Are you a fan of spaghetti squash? What’s your favorite way to cook and eat it?