Slow cooker vegetable soup is a convenient, quick weeknight dinner and so yummy in colder weather. It also makes the house smell good all day! This simple Vegetable and White Bean soup is hearty and filling, and a great recipe to include in a Daniel Fast.
I wait to put the broccoli in until the last hour or two because I find if it sits in the slow cooker too long it gets increasingly discolored, mushy, and stinky.
You could, of course, mix up the veggies you include in the soup, use other types of beans, and maybe some chicken if you want some protein.
- 6 cups (48 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 1 large potato (approx 2 cups), diced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Cannelloni or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut in small florets
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker except broccoli
- Cook on low setting 6-8 hours
- Add broccoli during last 1-2 hours of cooking
If you’re embarking on a Daniel Fast meal plan, this slow cooker vegetable soup is not just a great quick dinner, but it makes a large quantity so you can have leftovers for lunch and to pair with other meals throughout the week.
Would you like recipe and meal plan updates delivered to your inbox? Join our newsletter.