Find ways to incorporate more vegetables into your daily diet!
If you’re bored with steamed side vegetables or salads, try roasting veggies for a tasty way to draw out flavor.
Roasting is an easy way to mix and match a variety of in-season vegetables. Add flavor with spices, herbs, and seasonings.
If you’re participating in a Daniel Fast, roasted vegetables can add some weight to create a more filling meal. Veggies like potatoes, squash, and Brussel sprouts will fill you up with healthy fiber and can be served over rice, couscous, or your favorite whole grain.
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 8 oz fingerling potatoes
- 8 oz carrots, sliced
- 16 oz Brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash and cut vegetables, trying to keep vegetables uniform in size for more even cooking
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper and toss vegetables to coat
- Spread evenly in two pans and roast 35-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes
What is your favorite roasted vegetable recipe combo?