These quinoa stuffed bell peppers are a great vegetarian source of protein, fiber, and nutrients and perfect for a Daniel Fast. The Mediterranean flavors provide some fresh, crunchy, and salty flavor to mix up an ordinary stuffed bell pepper dish.
I like to use bell peppers of different colors – red, green, orange, and yellow – because they look so appealing. After cleaning out the peppers, fill with cooked quinoa leaving a little room at the top for the fresh Mediterranean blend.
It’s a good mix to have warm filling quinoa and peppers matched with cool, crunchy cucumbers and salty olives.
If you’re not on a Daniel Fast (and avoiding animal products), you could add some feta cheese and a drizzle of Greek yogurt to the top.
- 4 bell peppers
- 2/12 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 2 TBS kalamata olives, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions and allow to cool slightly
- Cut tops of bell peppers and clean out seeds and ribs
- Mix cooked quinoa, tomato, red onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Fill bell peppers leaving about one inch of space a the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Mix cucumber, olives, parsley and feta cheese (optional) and spoon mixture onto tops of cooked bell peppers
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon and enjoy immediately
Did you know, one bell pepper contains almost 100% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C? Good tasting and good for you!
Would you like recipe and meal plan updates delivered to your inbox? JOIN HERE