These were a definite easy option when preparing freezer meals before our third child was born. With 3lbs of ground turkey, I was able to make enough for that night’s meal + leftovers AND freeze two additional meals’ worth of patties.
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 equal portions/balls.
- Press into patties, creating a small indent in the middle, as they will expand when cooking.
- Preheat grill or griddle to medium-high and cook several minutes each side, until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve on a toasted bun with your favorite veggie toppings.
- TO FREEZE: Patties can be frozen either before or after cooking. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag to last 3-6 months. If frozen raw, thaw patties overnight and then cook according to last step above. If frozen cooked, simply thaw and reheat.