This is a quick and easy meal to make, perfect for a weeknight.
>>>This recipe is featured in Daniel Fast Week 2 Meal Plan and Shopping List.
Cashew Chickpea Curry – Vegan Recipe
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup vegan stock
- 15oz can coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place potatoes in boiling water and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender, but still firm
- Heat olive oil in skillet and saute onion, garlic, ginger, and spices for 5 minutes
- Stir in boiled potatoes, drained and rinsed chickpeas, and cashews and cook approx 3 minutes
- Stir in the stock and coconut milk and reduce to simmer.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve over rice or your favorite grain